Did you know that the first orthodontic treatment was created in Ancient Rome?
Do you know who invented modern braces?
Can you name a famous person who’s undergone orthodontic treatment?
Read on to discover fun facts about orthodontics, brought to you by the dedicated team at your Richmond orthodontist or your Port Coquitlam orthodontist, HGS Ortho.
- Tom Cruise, Justin Beiber, Whoopi Goldberg and Katherine Heigl are all famous orthodontic treatment patients.
- 1 in 5 patients who undergo orthodontic treatment are over the age of 21.
- Orthodontics undergo 2-3 years of specialised post-graduate training.
- Heat-activated wires used in today’s modern braces were originally developed by NASA.
- Pliny the Elder suggested mechanical correct for misaligned teeth around 50 A.D.
Contact HGS Ortho, your Richmond orthodontist or your Port Coquitlam orthodontist if you have any questions about orthodontic treatment or if you would like to book an appointment.
Have you subscribed to our blog for dental tips and fun facts straight to your inbox?