At HGS Ortho we are dedicated to ensuring that every visit to our Vancouver orthodontist office is as comfortable and safe as possible. We understand that many of our new patients may be nervous or anxious about their first orthodontist visit. To ease your mind, we’ve created a breakdown of what you can expect for your first appointment.
After first filling out mandatory new patient forms, your orthodontist will carefully examine your teeth in order to determine prospective treatment solutions. Typically, you will need photographs, X-rays and models for a final analysis and orthodontics plan.
On your first visit, it’s a good idea to have the following questions in mind:
- Do I have any orthodontic problems with my teeth?
- If so, what are these problems?
- What should I do in order to correct these problems?
- Will I need to extract any teeth?
- When should I begin my orthodontic treatment?
- What will my teeth look like at the end of treatment?
- How much money will orthodontics cost?
- Do I have any payment plans or insurance available?
- What if I do not undergo orthodontic treatment?
After your teeth have been analyzed, it is always a good idea to discuss with your orthodontist the treatment plan in more detail. This may require a second consultation appointment. If your orthodontic treatment plan sounds like a good idea, you can schedule an appointment right away.
Contact us today to schedule your first orthodontic consultation at HGS Ortho.