There’s a popular misconception that dental braces are only intended to straighten teeth. As an experienced orthodontist serving large areas across Port Coquitlam and Richmond, I disagree with this statement. Braces give a patient a great smile and correct bad bite (malocclusion), improving overall health. Below is a good post from Next Generation Dental Blog about the benefits of braces.
Braces do more than straighten your kids’ teeth. | Next Generation …
Braces do more than straighten your kids’ teeth. They correct bad bites and put their teeth in better alignment. Your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. That’s why it’s so important to take care of it. Cavities …
The blog post further explains the simple steps for good dental health. They are
- Always brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for two minutes
- Floss between your teeth daily
- Avoid sugary and starchy snacks
- Wear a mouthguard during sports activities
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t pierce your lips or any part of your mouth
- See your dentist regularly
Do you have need for orthodontic treatment? Dr.Geoff Smith from Port Coquitlam and Richmond is the top orthodontist for corrections and braces. Contact us to book a consultation.